Thursday, August 5, 2010

Piss off already!


What the frell? I understand young talent is such a major thing these days, and I won't deny anyone with talent their place in their selected industry. But when shove comes to push, enough is enough. Who am I tlaking about? Justin Beiber. Two days straight now he has been the topic of discussion on TODAY and I am getting over it already.
Seriously, I can't really stand his music and the idea of listening to it makes me sick. He can sing, I'll give him that... at least until puberty fully sets in and his voice drops like a lead ballon. Let's see what happens to him after that.
I am, right now, listening to his song Baby, and I am convinced he did not write, much less concieve the idea of this song. For a teenager to be thinking and feeling these things is beyond recognition to reality.
And what is it with him wiring his memoirs? he is only 15/16 goddammit! Is he terminally ill? Is there something in his life that is threatening to take it all away? Those were my first thoughts until it was sugested this is more of a picture book than a written story. This raises the question 'what is there to show?' My friend Jane and I had some ideas on what might appear in this book, and it starts with photos of him being born (which is not something I need to wittness twice) and those "adorable" photos of a naked baby running around? If he wants to show it all off, go for it. I'm sure there are a million fan girls out there wanting to know what his personals look like. But it doesn't surprise me that the memoirs are going to be pretty much a photo album, bucause after listening to a few of his songs, the choruses don't inspire any great amount of confidence in his grasp of the english language. Considering at least two of the songs are him repeating the same word in slkightly different notes is all he has to present, I'm pretty sure he couldn't wrap his mind around words like 'mastication' without a fit of the giggles.
At the end of the day, I'm happy for him in that his life is full of adventure in a world that provides entertainment to millions world wide, but for fuck sake, enough is enough already. I'm sitting here listening to madison Avenue to get him out of my head, and if I hear his music being played at any of my favorite venues, I'll kill the DJ myself, or at least give him a frontal labottomy to remove the idea of playing his music again. I realise I am not his target audience, and probably for good reason. Because if I was, I'd probably be dead from brain anurisms listing to it. Good luck Justin, wherever you are, but please take it slowly. Even Richard Reid wants you to piss off. You are 16, not 66, there is still time to do a few things. And even if your life in the music industry falls apart, you can still take on tv, musicals and stage productions. Even Daniel Radcliffe had the stroke of genius to do stage work in between shooting Harry Potter films because he knew that HP wasn't going to hold him up forever. Expand now, just don't plaster it to death.
Ciao,
Pezerry the Peeved!

No comments:

Post a Comment