Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another day, another gay

God, if I were any busier, i'd probably sleep my way through any time off I had, but it has all been worth it.
First off, I am back at TAFE, studying for my Diploma, and that was a wonderful day. First, I had one of those nights where you are feverish, unsure of the passage of time and space, everything seems sureal and you don't know what your body temp is from one minute to the next because it fluctuates. At 9, I staggered under bed with that wonderful sick feeling in the ehad that comes equiped with vertigo. I still got myself to class on time only to find out my teacher is away ill. I dragged MY arse down there to attend, so why couldn't she do the same?
Anyway, I am thankfully not the only guy in class this year, I've got the aged Ted and the twinkishly hot Rob to keep me company, as well as two of the girls from alst years clas. So the day was spent walking around in the heat seeing everything that I knew where was from last year. The afternoon was spent going over some internet things which were new to me, so no pains there. I also took an ACCA test, which was no big deal for me either, despite the fact I felt like trying to get the sleep I'd missed the night before.
Thursday held some surprises. I've got a paid weekend away for two to Dylesford in march, but no one to take with me, so I'm asking around, with little luck so far. A new guy in my life, mark, i asked him if he wanted to go and he said he'd think about it. But he also asked me out on a date. We went to the machanics Institute theatre to see a very camp stage play. I can't remember its full name, but it had a lot of modern gay humor. He paid for the tickets and drinks, so I guess our next date is on me. But we sat in the theatre and held hands and leaned into each other. Well, I was leaning on him because from where I was sitting it iwas the only way I was going to breathe. But Mark is a really sweet guy and there is lots of potential. Only setback so far is he is a workoholic and puts work first. So I guess i need to work on that, or addapt.
Now, a side note for my Sister, whom I love dearly, but has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth sometimes. My FB comment about a date was written in sincerity because I had had such a lovely night, and your comment back was not very well thought out. Perhaps next time you could ask before shooting. Thanks sweetheart!
Anyway, moving on. As we all know, Australia has had some wonderful flooding in the past few weeks, and Melb was no exception. The garage of my last place got flooded badly, and I had to go down and help with the clean up and out. Lucky for me, the stuff I have stored there wasn't damaged, so far as I can tell. I can't locate a few things, but they might not have been in the garage, so I need to find them soon. Considering these things include my graduation certificates from primary/high school, i kinda want them back. But the whole cleanup wasn't too bad, and I found a few things I thought I had ditched, but apparently not. good thing too because I wanted them back.
This was all followed by a birthday dinner for Jane. My mentor and one of my best friends turned a wonderful 51, and she doesn't look a day over 40. A nice dinner at Taco Bill... with screaming and loud kids at the next table and the parents not interveining when they should have. When they were leavbing, i said in a tone audable enough for the people sitting around me to hear me utter "And stay out!" Seriously, most of us who aren't used to kids, or haven't had them in ages, if at all, came out with headaches. But it was nice to catch up with a few people and surprise Jane with a cake. I didn't get Jane anything ebcause she is shopping for herself so much right now that there is little else to get her at the moment, so I should give her a $20 from my next payday so she can buy herself something nice.
Along with all that, the place has been under repair again. I swear there is something with hot plumbers coming to my place. last year was the hot plumber who fixed my shower, who walked in saying "Good morning, let's make some noise." Oh yes please! This time round, two guys in verying height and hair color and skin tone walk in and i my mind it is just a threeosme waiting to happen. If I evr do sleep with the help, do they still charge it to my Landlord?
Back to reality!
I got my toilet and rain drains fixed, since they were either leaking too much or not enough. One has been tested, one has not. Where is a bloody flooding rain when you want one? On second thought, it is due to rain most of this week, so i can test it out properly.
House-sitting, weddings, friends, dates, school, volunteer work, trying to organise a few things; life just keeps going and going and going, but it is not gone... not yet... unless I'm the animated dead and just haven't realised it. Anyway, I think it is time to retire for the night and dream of whatever it is that I dream. Hopeflly of another date in the near future and a Valentine's Day that actually comes with a guy on my arm taking me somewhere nice, or vice versa. Good night kids,
Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment