Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bride and Joy

For all my time doing the work I do, I can only say that there is no day that brings more pride than when you see one of the people you have supported get married. Last Sunday was that day for my dearest Krystal. And for those of you who can count, it has been one year after Mum's wedding. Who is getting married this time next year I wonder?
Anyway, I had a wonderful day. The church was beautifully set out, the bridesmaids were gorgeous in purple and the maid, gorgeous Krystal, was in white. She might not look that happy in the photo, and that is because she hasn't had a cigarette in hours, but on the other hand, she is almost overcome with joy, because if I had handed her this wedding date the first day we met, she'd have told me I was delusional. Vut we have known each other for what is about five years, and she has come so far. I won't discuss how, but I can say it is so.
While I find the endless dronings of Priests unutterably boring, the ceremony itself was beautiful. Rita and Sam, the gorgeous bridesmaids were their usual charming selves (and I mean that as i always mean it) and I think they were just as ecstatic about the day as Krystal was.
The reception was at the Sandown, and while I have never been there before, i have to say that the food was good, the service excellent and the conversation between me and the people was amusing. Not everyone who was to sit at my table showed. But the three of us dubbed ourselves the 'Single and Homeless' table, because between the three of us, two were single and the other had lost her home in the flash flood we had last Friday. All that aside, we had a fun time.
Krystal kept up quite a number of traditions. The Bridal Waltz was there, and while I took photos, it was too dark to get anything clear. I had a dance with a few of the girls, and then Krystal had her gartar removed and thrown. Ironically, the song to go with was 'Leave Your hat On.' That's Krystal, fun at every turn. While I didn't participate in that part, I did have a go for the bouquett, but it didn't even go in my direction and I didn't have enough time to do a diving lunge for it. No matter, I need a guy before I can get married.
I retired from the party at about 9, and I don't think it went on for much longer after that. Vaughn, the charming Groom, was also in good spirits, and while he and I are probably never going to be the best of friends, he and I get on well enough.
The one thing I have pride in is that I have watched this relationship from the start, and that I was there when Krystal and Vaughn met. While I offered to make a speech, the idea was turned down because it was a long day and people had to drive back to Shepparton and beyond (poor sods) that night. But now, 4 days on, I can smile at the thought that Krystal and Vaughn are honeymooning happily in Shaggers Bay (yes, that is a real place, I am not making this up) in Tasmania. needless to say I am going to be all over Krystal like a rash to get details of the honeymoon upon her return.


Of course, what is a Wedding without a Hen's Night? Duh Krystal invited me to that, because I am the best Boy Girlfriend. I am an offical girl in a lot of circles, so I was more than happy to attend. The night was full of sexual innuendoes. We had a giant penis pinyatta, penis straws for all, blow up penis's for the bride, the bridesmaids and one for me (as the unoffical bridesmaid) and we did plan to wear them down different parts of our clothing upon our trip to the Mountain View for Karaoke. But first, we have to have a stripper. I am not a fan of strippers, but this guy was cute in the face, short and not the most arrogant of strippers I have ever met. He did roll his eyes slightly upon discovery of me, but I still got a bit of a play. Krystal got a handful, in many ways, and we added the bonus that the stripper was a fireman. Why? because Vaughn is a fireman and he won't do something like this for Krystal. I know I'm talking out of school, but there has to be a little cheek. Whoops, there I go again.
Plans changed! Karaoke got flooded in the friday flash flood, and we all landed at the pool Room (the Tool Room as I know it) instead. half a game of pool and a number of free shots later, krystal is in the toilets throwing up, I'm having girl tlak with the girls and getting to the slightly drunken point of my own love life. no matter, this isn't my night, it is Krystals, and I have a bag full of penis pinyatta sweets to show for it. I think that between that and the alcohol, I'm having fun. Muggy it may be, but I survived.
Well, on this, the closing notes of what has to be a success I have had a hand in, I feel that there is little more I can do to guide Krystal into her future. This is one of those wonderful finishing points you look for when helping people, and now that it is reached, I have a best friend in krystal, a number of friends that she and I share and perhaps a friend in Vaughn. I do hope that the future holds a lot more of these successes, ncluding my own. Best of luck and love to both Krystal and Vaughn as you start your lives together,
Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment