Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So you want an update...?


Three months have passed and I have been silent. Well, I guess that means a lot has been happening. true enough, I got a lot to say.
First off, it has been a hard three months. I have effectively quit smoking for three months this Saturday coming, I have been initiated as a High Priest in Training at the Aurora Australis Temple of the Corellian Church, I have been robbed by drug addicts, I have not been laid, I have been made head of my Community Development Project, my present TAFE sbject is the toughest and I am effectively wanting to break down. However, I can't break down, because every time there is a window of opportunity, my phone rings with something else for me to do. So when I think I have a chance to stop, I really don't.
I have also being following some spiritual advice that there is a potential partneer around me. Well, in truth there were two, now reduced to one, and he is holding on by a thread the way he has been treating me recently. Seriously, why can't I catch a break?
So let's go into detail, after all, that is what you are reading this for. Besides, Rose, my teacher, said it would be theraputic. I have a session at the hair dresser and a bitching session booked in with the Student Wellfare officer tomorrow for all that, so this is just the appetiser.
Quit Smoking; Yes, I did it. I haven't been quit for a record time for me, but I am getting there slowly. This time round I tried hypnosis. Three sessions with take home hypnbosis tracks, what more could be done? People say hypnosis doesn't work, but that is probably they only go once. There is no such things as a magic band aid, so why don't people work that out? Also, having an addictive personality probably doesn't help any. But this has helped, because when I feel like I might want to smoke, I can listen to these tracks for 20 mins and feel fine. It hypnotises me and talks to my subconcious, so it works. I just hope it lasts this time.
Initiation; Not only am I doing my Diploma, but I am doing a Degree in Corellian Witchcraft. No, Harrry Porrer is not my teacher and no, I don't have my 10.6" oak wand with dragon heartstring (good for hexing). I have been taking this online course, and it is at my own pace, so I am cruising along as it lets me. Because I want to be recognised as a priest as well as have the degrees, I have essays to do. However, I have done 4/5 essays and all have come back A+. I have passed 3/4 exams (one was a very close fail) so I am still effectively passing. I look forward to becoming a proper High Priest, as it is legally recognised and I can use it as a title. 'High Priest Perry Byrnes' I like it. After my second degree I'll be 'Rev. Perry Byrnes'. Interesting, huh?
Robbery Okay, we knew something was going to happen eventually. There is one major disaster while I am living somewhere. On Uni res, it was bullying and near assult. Living independant in Ballarat was a house robbery. Living with Jane (who I still love) I got assulted on my way home. This time, I helped a guy out who took money out of my wallet while my back was turned. $150. I met him at DT's on a Saturday. I had spoken to him a few times before, but he was really fucked when I saw him. In hindsight, he was drugged and smashed. He tld me he had nowhere to go until Monday morning, so I took pity on him (because I'm a suck) and took him in. I paid for his painkillers for a condition (fake or not, uncertain) and fed him. Monday, he leaves, and when I check my walet, money is gone, save for $3 in coin.
Yes, i reported him to police. He did make himself easy to find with everything he told me about himself and a friend he and I know spilled the beans on him. What pisses me off, I found out last Saturday (two weeks after) that EVERYBODY at DTs knows who he is, and NO-ONE bothered to tell me. And the bar staff know who he is too, and let him in anyway, because he is violent. Needless to say, I don't feel safe at DT's any more, so I don't think I'll be there as often. I spend 2 years making friends just to be let down by them.
TAFE subject; I get robbed by a druggy on Monday, we start 'Alcohol and other Drugs' at TAFE on Wednesday. Isn't life perfect? My assignment, along with the lovely Virginia, is to write a report on an illicit drug, how addictive it is, a case study and give it a happy ending. Well, I wrote the main body of our Peyote (LSD) report, and after presenting it today, it was describbed as well researched and put together. That is god, considering some of the things we have spoken about and watched have really been sobering but painful. A documentory on kids doing drugs and living on the streets was what really got to me. This has been what is making me want to break down more than anything, because it is a tough subject and divides me on a lot of issues.
Community Project Main project for TAFE is to create, plan, initiate and run a program targeted at a minority and ensure it is maintained within the comunity. I somehw got ellected chairperson, and I don't want or need the job. Considering I'm not even getting a word in edgeways, I don't think I need to keep the job and should delegate it to Grehame, considering he does all the talking then bitches I'm not doing my job properly. Spare me! If he wants the job, it's his. I like Grehame, I really do, but enough is becoming too much. Not only that, but a lot of my crew come to me asking what it is they need to do, so I explain it in the simplest form possible EXACTLY what it is they need to do, and the following week they are back, little effort put in and more confussion. Seriously, do I speak Latin or something? Do I switch into hispanic when giving instructions and am just not aware of it? Get a grip ladies. And today i find out that Grehame has gone and done exactly what he didn't want me to do last week. I'm getting confused. I don't like yelling at people, and I know if I do the waterworks will probably come on with the heightened emotions. So I am being a bit more withdrawn to deal with it, rather than have to let lose everything at once. hence the hair dresser and Wellfare coordinator tomorrow. I need to talk to a non-involved party about this. Everyone else is either too insensitive, too wrapped up in their own problems, too involved and volitile or too weak to deal. Outside party definately needed. Do I get one of those nice chairs like in American Psychitrist/psychologist offices? Straight jacket much?
Karaoke Comp; One ajor distraction is the karaoke World Competition this year. Wow! I made it to State Finals this year. I'm thrilled. I've dreamed of this, and now it has become a reality. I need a new goal. No, I didn't place in the State finals, and I don't think I did as good as I know I could, but big deal. I got to meet Nick (see; Dating). And what thanks do Steve and Liz, who did this without wanting to, who brought in all this money for the venue, get? "You're Fired!" So now I am performing Friday nights at the Matthew Flinders. Not dramatically impressed. crammed, dinky, small stage and the crowd is a littl... touchy. I'll have to kink them up... or at least keep trying to.
Dating; never a success in the past, not being one now, tell me there is a decent man out there. For months I knew there was a potential at the Mountain View, and if they hadn't closed, he might have plucked up the nerve to come and say hi. I think I know who it is/was, and he didn't stay around much. His loss. But I start talking to nick and he might be a good date. Been trying for a few weeks and not getting anywhere. It is like hitting my head on the brick wall that is youthful arrogance. He was allmost completely dismissive of me last Friday, didn't even say goodbye, and when I asked a question on FB about a singing contest and whether my friends think I should enter or not, he didn't answer that and just asked for where to sign up. I wouldn't begrudge him this, bhut a 'thank you' would have been nice. So I might have to have a word in his ear. End result; I have feelings for someone who can sing better than me but can't dance or work the crowd as well as I can. What to do? Not let him walk on me, that's for damned sure.
tghe other joy in dating is my friends and their lack of ability to commit t an idea. I can't tell you how many times I have heard people say "I know a guy who'd be perfect for you, I'll introduce you one day," and I'm still waiting on 10 "one days" so far. It was 11 until i met Nick, as someone had told me about him prior. Point being, if you are going to recommend guys, follow through with it. I think I am going to be using my hocus pocus t cast the perfect man spell. My perfect man ahs flaws, don't get me wrong, but at least he'd have worked out by now that I am hurting and told me it was going to be okay, truth or not.
Tomorrow had better work, because I swear to god I am not in the mood to take on extra work without someone telling me what I am getting out of it. Selfish, maybe, but I think I'm entitled. I'm getting ready to risk a few things in order to be more ssertive, because I am sick of doormatting. My middle name is not welcome, it is soon going to be 'try it and I'll sell your kiddneys on Ebay.'
Hope all my readers (as few as they are) are well, and I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers,
Pez
PS: Best news of the week; my Sister and Father are coming to Melbourne for a visit later in the year. Oh yeah!

1 comment:

  1. damn Pez that's a deep one...
    must be something good coming up soon to counteract all this unpleasant stuff you've been dealing with lately...
    chin up matey :)

    ReplyDelete