Saturday, September 18, 2010

Gummy Bears Abound!


No, I'm not kidding. Would I lie about something as oddly trivial as Gummy Bears? I mean, they're nice and taste good and make a great serving suggestion with a cold drink or to be added to those annoying bags of treats you get at the end of a kids party.
But today was neither of these things. today was the Ostara Celebration at the Aurora Australis Wiccan Shrine, and our lovely circle caster did not use elemental symbols, nor call the elements in a general way that might be expected at a major Wiccan/pagan festival. no, Gummy bears of different colors were thrown in perspective directions to call them, and to summon Deity. it was rather amusing, I must say, and we got a small feast of gummy bears on an athame afterwards. Don't ask, just laugh!
that is the thing these days, people get too tied down in the rituals of life, even in doing it the old-school way. If you can show to the Deities that you can lighten up and have some fun with it, they will enjoy it just as much. It was a very enjoiable day all around, and I am deffinately looking at getting myself some proper clothing specifically for circle meetings. Or at least be more prepared next time. DEFINATELY wearing that nice purple velvet jacket I have, it has a lot of spiritual overtones to it, and it is pretty to boot.
I can also see that I am going to be challenged in the next few months to not only keep up my responsibilities to my work and education, but also to my friends as well. Even trying to organise my holidays has been fun, and I still haven't got a lot settled. I know the next few days are going to be focused on my assignments so that they are out the way and i can get on with seeing my friends and doing other things like housework and spiritual duties coming my way in the next while.
But the one thing i am liking right now is that my social network of friends is opening up and I have more people in my life that are honest to goodness like-minded and caring.
Well, now that I have seen enough Gummy Bears to alst my a while, I will sign off for a bit and hopefully hear form you all soon,
Pez

No comments:

Post a Comment