Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last Party


So, while this post has been a little delayed, I finally get to tell you about what has been one of the best nights out for me in a whie. This gorgeous creature is Vanessa Amorosi, and she is the best singer in Australia (if you ask me). But to get that close to her to take a photo, to be pointed at by her while she is singing, I cannot imagine anything better for a birthday gift. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if she stuck around to do some autographs. But, better to have come and seen and left than never to have gone at all. And besides, I also got to see her do this...
Sammy (my friend who took me to the show) and I had a great time, despite the fact we had t stand for close to six hours, because it seemed like a bad idea to put chairs out for people to sit. Go figure.
So with this birthday ended, I can only wish for one more thing. Yes, I get to rant now. My birthday wish for this year is for people to stop calling me 'baby' because I am under the age of 30, and thefore have no real life experience, or supposedly anyway. What I want is for people in general (not just towards me) to think that a person younger than them can have gone further than someone twice their age. True, I have little knowledge about raising a family or being in a proper adult relationship, nor have I had a lot of work to speak of upon my resume, but that doesn't mean I haven't been places, done things or experienced things you cannot dream of, much less fathom happening to you. It is even more infuriating when the people are not much more than five years older than me. Age and experience are two VERY different things. I know people younger than me who have been further in life than even I have, and I will never look down on them simply because I am older. Age does not command respect (as I wish some people would work out), but the way you treat people gets you respect. I know I have botched this more than once, and it will happen again, because I am human, but at least I will have more experience than those who have it naturally, or get it right the first time. I have lived a lot, done a lot and I really don't appreciate being called 'baby'. If you said 'you are so young,' or 'you have lots to experience yet,' that would be fine, because it does not denote the fact that I have done something at all. That is my wish for me and others this year.
Well, the candles are out, the lights are dimmed and I shall now retire. Have a good one. Cheers,
Pezarama!

No comments:

Post a Comment