Friday, January 27, 2012

This is how to age well

With a subject like that, you'd think I was selling beauty cream, but alas, it is going to be the same old theropy everyone suggests that no one really sides with.
So, my birthday party has pretty much come and gone, with tonight being the last major event. On my actual birthday (the day after the play) I didn't really do a lot. I treated it like any other normal day. The only exception was to have a small gathering of people at my place for a few drinks and some fun. Now, I invited a number of people, and ended up with two. But circumstances are circumstances and I am not going to look down my nose and judge people for their lives. So it turned into a night of card games and a bit of drinking.
Saturday (21st) was probably he better of days. A gthering of friends to play some DnD (Dungeons and Dragons) and just have a good old laugh. And it was indeed a fun day. I got to use one of my favorite characters and begin retuning his personality. It has been a long time since this chracter was taken out of his protective book and used, that I realsed he was basically the same as another character I had created, so once tweeked, he'll be cool.
One of the best things (I have yet to recieve but am still looking forward to) is my friend Liv, who so cleverly found a documentory series I want, to copy and hand them to me. I have tried for the past 10 years to try and find them, and now I have them en route to me. I am really excited to be getting them, since I couldn't get them via the conventional ways.
However, I think tonight is going to be the best part of it all. I am going to see Vanessa Amorosi live in concert. This will actually be my first concert to this effect. I know, where have I been? Well, that is a long story. But now I am seeing a singer who's music I have enjoied ever since she first released about 12 years ago. So party, party, party on tonight.
The other fun thing I did for my birthday was put out a request for an interesting birthday message on my facebnook, not the plain old one that is so carbon it could suffocate you. I got some interesting images, but I think the best was the video I got sent direct to my phone. It is difficult to read and I can't pause it to read it or take it off my phone, but I can get the better part of the message and I love it. So thank you Nic W. for that, it was really sweet, and so are you.
And also a many thanks to the people who sent me jokes, funny pictures and were, in general, really sweet to me for my birthday. I did get one person bitching at me, so I guess I just won't send out my birthday gift to them this year. This year I worked a poem, tweeking it here and there to individualise it. But the opening line is...
"Youtube is Red, Facebook is blue, here are some birthday wishes from me to you." The second line is a little more personal for them. As long as they like it, and it breaks the manotony of "Hppy birthday, hope you have a great (or other adj) day" is all I look for.
]Well, I've had enough typing, and I am hungry. So I will be back in the near future. besides, you'll wanna here about the concert. Hugs,
Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment