Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Don't Mind Me

Okay, so I haven't been about, and I'm sorry, but these games on loan won't play themselves. Especially Batman; Arkham Asylum. That is the best game, and there is no surprise it made it to the Guiness (sic) book of records for game design and graphics. It has been a lot of fun. Not all of my favorite villains are in the game, but there are a lot of good lines to make up for it.
But that is not my problem of the day. My problem is people in the street and especially on poublic trnasport. People are so self-centered these days. Trying to walk down the street is becoming a game of Dodge The Pedestrian/Path Hog. Trying to get on or off a train is requiring a padded baseball bat to get people away form the doors long enough to get off. Now, I am a considerate person, and do my best to make sure I am conciously aware of the movements of others around me. Making sure I am in no one's way, appologising even if I am not at fault, holding doors, etc. But often you will hear me mutter 'Don't mind me!' when people are as inconsiderate as they are. I accept the world was not created or naturally good, and that every person is nutural until such a point as they choose. Some don't evenchoose. That's life.
Now, in my time I have tried being more selfish towards people and to be an obnoxious bastard, but I can't do it. I simply can't be an arse towards people unless they really desrve it.
So what should I do? Talk down to people when they get in my way? Stop and tell people of for generally bad manners? Smack people over the head if they cut in line? Any ideas?
In the meantime, todays' cute icon comes from an old series of trading cards known as the 'Haunted mansion' of X-men cards. Storm the Weather Witch is one of six or eight. I have a few more I might display over time, but this one is my favorite.
Until next time, with love,
Perry

1 comment:

  1. Yes sad as it is society is changing and common manners are vanishing. Just be you despite others - why drop to their rude level - you have proven this is an uncomfortable place to go anyway. I feel sorry for so many who live such sad, rude and dull existences!

    ReplyDelete