Friday, February 5, 2010

Ladies First


Meet Kaye Sera, one of Melbourne's most renouned and award-winning drag queens. In recent times, she has done quite a bit of work towards creating a piano bar cross antiques and collectables store. In the past few weeks, she has also been running her first show 'Ladies First,' a tribute to the many singers (mainly female) that were major stars and out-casts in their time. Such singers include Eartha Kitt. I have been trying hard to find a spare night to go, and I finally got tonight. The show only went for an hour, and she sang many songs that were memorable, and gave a brief history of the singer.
I have seen kaye perform a few of her parody songs at DT's Drag nights, and she is the only drag queen I have seen sing her own songs. Henceforth, her parodies and normal songs have earned her a few awards. Her piano room (although not complete) is lined up for a 'Green Room' (?) award. I have been offering her small amounts of advice to her as her spiritual guide, but she has not yet asked for a full reading. Hopefully she will one day.
In the meantime, I also met some nice guys who very politely gave me a lift to DT's,a s they lived around the corner (figuratively). With any luck, Steve and Robert will become good friends. I suppose it depends on what time holds. In the meantime, I'm going to sign off because I ahve things to do and a late dinner to eat. Go Kaye,
Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment