Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Lost lesson of Humanitty

I have been playing a most interesting game recently, called Assassin's Creed. And while the game is my sort of game, what facinates me more is the life lesson that lays within. The game is set during king Richard's Criusade, and you move between Acre, jerusalim and another town that I forget it's title at present. While travelling around the town, you can hear men calling out about God, and the jews and Arabs condemming KR, while KR's Christian men wish to "help" the misled. Now, i have a broad understanding of religion, and from my understanding, all the religions pray to "God" and that, for one reason or another, God will favor them. Don't ask me why, I don't really care. But what both sides fail to see is that they are praying to the same deity, and the only thing seperating them is a want to understand each other's way of life and thinking. king Richard led the criusade for the Holy land, it was a major ordeal and ended pretty well for him.
The point of this entry is that the mistakes they were making back in the late 1200's to early 1300's, whenever the Criusade happened, is still apparent now. Many people go to war and deam their judgement from a position of religion, with no question of doubt in their mind that God sides with them. The only thing that gives these biggots support is that their man=made rules back up their claims. Now, when you look at it, all the rules aside, their prays, thoughts, beliefs and hopes are poured in the one direction, they are just channeled via a different route from their perspective. These destructive man-made beliefs are what brought about such things as the criusade, the hollacust, and other dreedful things in history. And yet, man kind is still dettermined to live its way via this train of thought, and will soon be deamed to face the mistakes and disasters again.
What makes me happy with my life and decissions is that I can look at all of these religions, know that they are right in a round-about sense, but still live my life by the simple rule that I take the consciquences for my actions. I aid those in pain, I guide those who feel lost and I do it from a non religious viewpoint. Every man and woman is responsible for their lives, reguardless of ther religious beliefs, and that, should they follow my adivce, they are most likely to end up in a better place. following it is a different matter, as I am not responsible for their decissions or the effects beyond their control, but my hope is that they will find peace for themselves. I will never tell someone something is wrong. If they want to do drugs, get smashed and violent, go drag racing or simply sexually assult someone, I won't stop them, but I will advise against it and should they follow through with it, either hand them over to the cops myself or know that the jsutice system of the universe will catch them. No physical man may ever know, but the other side will always know.
As for the assassin's of AC, they had a simple belief, that life is an illusion that you can either submit to or rise above. They saught peace and safety for all, and in a round about way, found it for them and maintained it. they did not rule, nor advised rulers. They simply removed people who threatened peace or ruled by fear and favor. Not totally my way of thinking, but better than any form of religion I have come across thus far. I don't intend to take up an assassin's position, that was another lifetime. I intend to guide, and hope that the people I meet are changed for the better, to create a better future. Wish me and my people luck,
Pez

No comments:

Post a Comment