Thursday, January 21, 2010

And the party continues

Behold! My beautiful artwork. Shiva, the Ice Summon form the Final Fantasy series. My scanner had a little trouble with the size, but if I can work things out, I will repost her in a later blog. But I am really proud of her.
Yes, today was my birthday. I had a good day. I ahd some friends drop by for a visit, and I got a lot of mail. Needless to say I had a lot of fun wearing out my wrist on all those scratchies. But I managed to win a few bucks. I took my earned money and purchased a book. I love my books, and I have nearly finished this set. That set is the Andrew Lang Fairy books. I only have 2 left to buy in the next few weeks, so I am looking forward to that.
But tonight was what I was really looking forward to; dinner with Mum and Greg. I decided to try dinner at the Steakout. While I don't like members of security there, I decided the food had to be worth it. My dinner was nice, but Mums' was a bit of a disaster. She ordered a Chicken Ceaser salad, but it arrived it had no egg. So mum sent it back, asking for the egg. What she got was a microwaved egg that exploded on contact with a fork. The salad itself was not Ceaser, but a would-be salad. Note to self; be specific when ordering food at Steakout. That is strike two for them, but three is the killer charm. What was strike one? Ask me again some other time.
Following that was Gold Class tickets to see 'The Lovely Bones.' I have read the book and I intend to get myself a copy, and I had high hopes for the movie. It really wasn't going to be that hard to reproduce. The movie did quite well. I could understand the compression of time and space, but for the most part it did well. I cried at many different points, so it was really good. I think the actors were well choosen, but some characters, like most movies these days, are cardboard cut-outs of what the original characters are/were. Oh well, you can't fit everything into two hours. My score; 3.5/5 stars. points off for overdoing midheaven and some of the acting was rather unfortunate. Not too much, but enough.
Well, I had better leave it there, since there isn't much else to tell for now, at least until tomorrow. I've decided that, despite his dating choice, I'm going to ask Daryl out socially anyway. Wish me luck. Much love,
Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment