Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's nice and quiet

At last, some quiet time for me to write my blog. I know I have been absent the paast few days, and that is because I have had a few things to deal with. One of my friends is having a bit of a hard time with a relationship break-up, and I have been talking and listening to him and he is hopefully feeling a lot better. It is one of my great joys to help people, even if it is just sitting and listening while they rant and vent. He has assured me it has made a difference and he and I are going to be spending some time together in the future.
The other reason I have been away is because I am doing lots of party planning. With my Birthday around the corner, so you can't really blame me for it. All the invites are out as best as I can get them and I am still waiting for the returns on that. I am having a gathering of friends at my Friday Karaoke, which has now been set up for a big surprise (thanks Roula) and the Drag Show at DT's on Saturday. I know averagely who will attend where, I just need to finalise one or two things. I also need someone with a camera to come down to DT's to take lots of happy snaps of me with some of the queens. Perhaps Mum would like to come.
I also know I am going out for dinner with Mum and Greg on my actual Birthday, and I need to work out what movie I want to go and see, which at this present point isn't much. I need to check to see if 'The Lovely Bones' is out yet, because I have read the book and have high expectations of the movie. Why, I don't know, but lets hope we do well.
I also have a lot lined up in the next few weeks. A few friends and myself are going out to Greg's second home in Eildon for a few days over the weekend post my birthday. Lots of games, movies and a little drinking. There are also a few shows I am going to see. One is Romeo and Julian, which is this years stage play for the Midsumma Festival, and they guy I am really keen on is playing Julian. I am also going to "Ladies First" as performed by Kaye Sera, one of Melbourne's award-winning drag queens. This show is a tribute to the women who stood out in their time (like Eartha Kitt) and the night will be full of songs they wrote and sang. I don't know when I am going but I know I am going.
Well, after all that, it looks like I am going to be busy, but it isn't as much as it seems. the one thing I am looking forward to at the moment is getting my business cards printed up (thanks Gwydion) now that the final copies are in. And it is going to cost me all up (for designing and printing) the same it would have if I had gone to another printer and had to do the design myself. Bargain baby! So tomorrow I go to Officeworks to get the prints done. So that will be exciting.
Right, that is about all the excitement in my life or at least what I am organising to be exciting in my life. If I had a boyfriend, the list of excitement would be nearly complete. But for now, we will party on in singledom. Chat soon,
Pez

No comments:

Post a Comment