Saturday, March 27, 2010

Punching Pontifs on a Pedistool


So while I don't like much that comes across late night TV, it is always a good time to catch the news I might have missed during the day.
While I don't agree with everything the Christian (and similar religions) have to say about themselves and others, I still find marginal points about their beliefs acceptable.
So what do I find on latenight news, happening in the middle of America? Religious boxing into the most extremes. While these people believe in the mass amjority of the rules fo the Christian belief, they exempt the rules of anti-violence. They gather together and pray to God, thank them for the fight they are about to engage in, and pray for their victory. What bothers me is that they think that if/when jesus returns to earth (and into America for some strange reason) he would walk into this bar of brawling and think nothing of it, say the blessing, break the bread and go on with his inspection. Now, I will emphicise that these fights do end in knock outs and fighters come out with some good shinners (briuses) to say the least.
Now, seriously, what is religion coming to? I hear constantly from the mass majority that they do not want violence but to do things peacfully. But at the same time they go about pontificating their ideals in trying to control people's lives, and when those people disagree, it all goes downhill. Wars are started over religious ideas and just to top it all off, you can't get a word of difference in edgeways because they are so rooted in their beliefs. The only religious group I can think out outside of the Pagans who don't go around getting their nickers in a twist about what people think is the Buhddists. Go them!
Can't wait for the Age of Aquarius to start. The revolution will begin and hopefully calm a few of the fundamentalists, like Fred Felps, down. Until then, I can't help but wonder if their invision of God is the same as Mister Sinister (above). Until they work it out, I'm leaving!
Pez

2 comments:

  1. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.
    gaming desktop pc

    ReplyDelete