Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The New Goal


This fancy looking pose is one of many from the traditional Tai Chi Fan styles, which, starting this Thursday, I am going to be learning once a fortnight. I finally organised my finances enough to be able to work out how to pay for these lessons, as well as some singing lessons on the off weeks. So, now that I actually have something to focus on, I will have more of my time filled. Practicing the fan dance and the Mantis styles I have learned, practicing the singing, I will hopefully put together a bit of a better, confident and fitter me. Now doesn't that sound like fun?
I was filing around on Youtube and found a few demonstrations. While the music was a little... weird, the demonstrations were very interesting. I am still trying to work out if Tai Chi Fan (TCF) is a fighting style, dance or both. I can see it as both, but I don't want to go into the lesson expecting one and finding it is the other.
Mind you, I have found a teacher with great credentials (sic). Master Lai Wei Tang has trained with (and taught, I understand) Jackie Chan and Jet Lee. Where are you going to find anyone that great? Have a look at the site at Taichi For Life
Well, this is only going to be a short entry because I am not in a really big mood for writing today. Ciao,
Pez

No comments:

Post a Comment