Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Red Faces Aftermath


Well, it is the end of the social week for me and I have to say it has been a big one. I think I'll be locked indoors for most of tomorrow, because the responce to my Red Faces appearance has been overwhelming.
Now, one thing I want to say before anyone tries to bring it up again, I am not going to take this much further at the present point. I am not taking the fotage and handing it out to directors or producers to try and make a singing/acting career out of it. I am simply not interested. I am starting TAFE in a few months and I am not going to be capable of juggling that and acting somewhere, it simply won't happen. So I thank everyone for their support, but I have made up my mind in this respect.
Anyway, sonce Wednesday, my phone has not stopped ringing off the hook. So many people were calling and texting wanting to know what it was like and who I met and so forth. I knew Friday night was going to be big, and it was. Almost everyone there had seen it and loved it, and I had a wonderful time and everyone was so proud of me.
Tonight was not as big, but my friend Jonathan was quite happy to sit and discuss the show with me. I still had a number of congratulations handed to me and our lead Drag Queen, Dulcie Dejour had me on stage to sing a little and offered me a free drink. Not as many people there saw it but it was great to have the friends I did tell say how much they enjoyed it.
Now, at last, I have seen the events of me on stage. I really should try and get rid of my goddamned double-chin, even if the camera adds 10kg/pounds. But I could see a few things that I didn't before, and listened to myself. I'm happy with it. I could also lose a little weight, but for the moment, I am happy. And I have seen all the insults hurled at me that I didn't get to see/read while I was performing. So here it is, for my international friends and for those who want to see it again, Perry Byrnes with All That Jazz. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did,
Perry

1 comment:

  1. you have a lead drag queen???

    greatings from gippsland, by the way

    ReplyDelete