Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Men and Xmas

Men do stupid things, it is apart of their DNA. And no I don't exclude myself form that list. When men say they will call, I'd like it if they did. If they are going to do something, why can't they? And it is causing me to get uncomfortable, because I am never sure if I have done something wrong or not. I also think that some guys do it to piss me off.
Christmas is pissing me off too. Even when I try and spend less, I somehow end up spending more. Spare me! But what could be worse? I know! Stores not where they are supposed to be, hunting down different things and having to run between three stores to get it and not quite having enough wrapping paper. Blarg!
But what is it you find at malls at this time of year? Yeah, you find Santa (and he is usually in a position where you can sniper him), elves (also near Santa and his vulnerability), more stores selling weird things than you can imagine, lots of fake holy wreaths. lights and tinsel. But you can also expect to find one of these.

So... do you shop here often?
From the bottom of the mall at the other side I could hear the drums and symbols for this demonstration. Following the sound, I found the demonstration of the White Dragon with the drummers walking around and performing tricks. The dragon threw balls to people and threw candy for the viewers. The blinking eyes, wagging tail and moving jaw were really gorgeous, and the performers were really skilled.
Why can't we have more of this for Christmas? Screw the Christmas carols and Santa displays, we should have these sorts of displays everywhere, because it is a much more talented than a man sitting there asking kids what they want for Christmas and saying it'll rock up. I know, Bah Humbug to you too! But come on, what would you rather see, an actor on an over-sized chair or a few dancers performing traditional arts?
Well, now that I have told you about my need to sing dirty Christmas Carols over the top of the ones being played in the mall and hunt the wild Christmas gifts, I'll chat to you soon.
By the way, feel free to check out my newest blog. It is where I'll be posting my theories and viewpoints from now on, as opposed to here.
Pezells

1 comment:

  1. Where is your 'True Aussie' Christmas Spirit Brother!

    Shocking.

    ReplyDelete