Friday, April 2, 2010

Impossibilities


Yes, with a new month we look at new possibilities and frequent impossibilities.
For example, it is possible for people with obvious or not disabilities to do things independantly. But it is impossible for people to be considerate when they are trying to do something simple for the rest. I know I have ranted about people being inconsiderate when it comes to public transport. I watched as my bus pulled up, I wondered how a man with the sunglasses and blind-mans cane was going to do. Before I could offer him any help, the door to the bus was swamped by a flok of human voltures to the bus-door shaped carcus. I watched as people pushed past him to get on without appology or consideration. I wondered if he was going to get one of the obviously labeled priority seats. He did. In the end, he didn't need my help, but it would have been nice to see some selfishness give way to some general consideration.
It is possible to survive a chain of public holidays, but it is impossible to think of ways to fill in the time or go to one's usual social events. Because tomorrow is Easter Friday and public transport is going to limited, and I really don't want to be taking taxis to and from tomorrows social events. Henceforth I obviously need to chase down some timetables and see what the go is. To my knowledge, trains don't change that much, but buses do. Trams, at least, tend to run longer hours because they are a major source in and out of the city. I just hope that this weekend is not so alcohol crazed that I have to put up with drunken louts coming home.
It is possible to have a Happy Easter, but it is impossible, despite the police efforts, to control all life. It is enivitable that a tree, a street light, telephone pole or another driver is going to jump out and collect you. It is possible that more people will take notice of their drinking and driving habits, but it is impossible for everyone to use their brains. All I pray is that there are no fatalities this easter, and that everyone acts and behaves well. I have not lost anyone through a drink-driving accident, but as they say, there is a first time for everything. I just hope that it is neither me nor anyone I really care about. Yes, that means pretty much everyone I know.
I also find this impossible....

Ciao,
Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment