Monday, April 26, 2010

Drugs in the World II; At the Wheel


Alright then, so it is a segment now. And while the sign above me was probably written while the author was smoking 'the thing that becomes troubled of other guests due to the stink in to the hotel" but my point comes from a TV article on ACA (A Current Affair) which released sensored videos of people who had been booked for driving under the influence. My God, these people were really off their trees/rocks/heads/tits. At the end of the day, these people don't seem to realise what idiots they are being. Not only are they obviously off their head, and probably aware of it, but they feel that, in this condition, they are okay to drive. Some of the people in the videos couldn't stand on two feet for two seconds. Some of them were falling asleep on the spot. Please remember they were driving at the time. Luckily they didn't actually hurt anyone before getting caught, but it worries me, and plenty of others that these people are on the road.
Now, let me say what I'd do if I were on drugs and planning to go out. I'd make sure that if I was going to a friends, that I could either stay over or get a taxi home. If I was going out to a club, I'd be sure to only do enough to get the high without being completely stuffed, and get a taxi home. Following that, I'd be sure to only do enough to keep my head. It is basically the same plan I have for drinking. So remind me why people go right out of their way to be a danger and a threat to the world? I can guess at the need to get beyond your limit high, but why are you threatening innocent people during your pointless brain-rotting? The sad irony is that the drugless victims are the ones who die, not the ones who are on drugs. I'd love to ask the universe why this great irony exists, but I don't want to know.
Finding out that some of my social contacts are doing more drugs than I can count on two hands is one problem, the deeper concern is that they all have at least done yr 12 chemistry. Yes, they know how to make their own as well as take. Don't ask me if they are selling, I am not asking. Now, from my moral grounds, and from what I can tell, they are taking for personal use and not passing it around, but that is all I know. I could turn them in, but I have no physical evidence, so what is it gonna help?
Drugs, by any stretch of the imagination, inevitably go with 'trouble' in my mind. If people say 'perscription drugs' I'd inquire further into their dosing. But I also want to know people's motivation. What I want is a better answer than the standards you'd expect. The only way I condone any drugs (perscription not withstanding) in any way is dope to help deal with kemotherapy treatments and so forth.
I feel like I am running out of subject matter on this, so I'm going to end this, but I hope karma is geavy for those who kill while driving under the influence of drugs.

1 comment:

  1. I will never understand how people can abandon all self control and all morals and drive under the influence.
    I saw the report of which you speak, and I was disgusted. I have a low tolerance for people who drive under the influence. By all means, they can take all the drugs they wish too, numb their brains and senses completely. But when they get behind the wheel, then it becomes an issue. I see driving drunk and under the influence of drugs as the same thing. And both should have stricter penalties.
    Enough innocent people have died.

    ReplyDelete