Monday, April 19, 2010

Family and Writing


Well, life certainly is like the aforementioned venus hand trap, it does spring a few surprises on you unexpectedly. Watching friends fuck things up, dramatizing at the minimal things, watching men be men in their own special ways and birthday parties.
What really hit me recently was an episode of Blue Heelers I watched. Yes, I collect them and enjoy them. In these specific episodes, PJ was having his Mum living with him because she was dying, and eventually died. I cried all the way through the end of the episode, and I don't just mean a little teary eyed. But the episodes reminded me that family isn't always forever and I was on the phone today to my Grandmother and had a bit of a chat with her. Henceforth I am now a devout coward.
I am a devout coward.
I am afraid of any pain.
I scream blue murder whenever I am in pain.
I scream even louder when I think I am going to be in pain.
So there. In short, don't wait until it is too late, ave all your checkups. Henceforth I will be dropping by the doctors in the next few days for a physical and get a few things checked out.
In the meantime, I have started a new set of stories I am getting ready to put up on the internet. In following of Andrew Lang and his Fairy Books, I have started a book of my own with my own stories, based pretty much on 'What If's' and retellings of others. I do have a collection of retellings on Adult Fanfiction called Queery Tales, and as the title and location suggests, it is homoerotica, so adult descression advised. The two stories I have for my Fairy Book so far are 'The Brave Nurse' and 'The Celtic Princess' which are both still works in progress. When I publish them and come up with a few more ideas, I'll place a link to the story. I hope someone will read and enjoy them.
In the meantime, for the more creative minds of my readers, I need some very unauthadox places where you might pick up and/or have sex. What? There is a mini-series I am trying to finish and I prefer the narrator character to pick up from rather odd places. Some of the more original ones have been gyms, dance clubs, live bands, holiday resort, door-to-door salesman, shopping and amusement park. Yes, I did write the latter, and it is still my favorite. I have the characters in mind, but I just need a more out-of-the way place to pick up from. Any ideas?
Oh well, I better get going, need some beauty sleep and I have a very big story to finish reading. All the best,
Pez the Pro-write

No comments:

Post a Comment