Saturday, April 24, 2010

Calm and Collected Music


Well I have certainly had a good night. For those who aren't so aware, I do karaoke on Friday nights. But tonight was rather special for me because Mum and Greg came along. I also decided to tone my music down and sing more calm songs. So tonights songs were 'Diamonds Are Forever,' 'Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy' (which I got right, so I am very happy with that) and 'Kiss From a Rose.' All songs went well and I am very happy with my efforts in improving my singing. Still some little hitches to deal with but overall, I'm sounding better.
I learned that the Karaoke World Competition (KWC) is not coming to my venues this year, and probably not any year. I'm keeping half an eye out for competitions because I want to try my luck again. I don't blame Steve and Liz (hoasts) that competitions bring out the worst in people. I do my best not to get over-emotional or involved in competitions, but it would be nice to go into a competition and place. First is not necessary, but a place would be nice. For the few times I have come third, third was not a place to earn a prize. Better than nothing.
Following that, I am certainly looking forward to entertaining through just singing and not song and dance. Sure, I will still be dancing now and again, but I want to tone it down. Cilla, my singing teacher, and Rudy, who is a good friend, have both given good singing tips. I am sounding so much better and singing is getting a little easier.
I'm going to keep this brief, because I am going to do some stuff and then retire. Nightie night folks,
Pez

No comments:

Post a Comment