Friday, April 9, 2010

Pain and Pleasure


Yeah, weird titles mean weird stories from me. This is what I've been up to the last few days. The main thing that has been happening in the past few dyas. Mainly, this week has been quiet. My Tai Chi, Singing and Doctors have been away all week, so all my usualy running around has been brought to a halt. So I have been exercising my story-writing and posted a new story on Adult Fanfiction. You can read my AFF Profile and my newest story: Leveling the Score at these links. While the story hasn't come to a sexual nature at this point, it will soon. Reader discresion is advised.
The main highlight of this week has been sitting back in the dentists chair while having 2 teeth pulled and a third repaired. I had to take things really slowly, and I couldn't smoke for 24hrs. Needless to say it feels weird and somewhat odd in sensation. I have managed to keep the pain to a minimum, but I have had to be restrained on my food intake. I'm sure after a few days I'll be fine. I am back on the smokes, but I am keeping an eye on how many I have moreso than usual.
Needless to say, 24hrs without cigarettes has been a long haul. I have watched every single comedy on my shelf and I have prayed that laughter is absolutely the best medicine. Well, it seems to be. Pain can be overcome with humor, whether it is at yourself or someone else.
Despite the ask of my dentist, I did go out tonight and I knew it would be an easy night because it is always a few drinks with whichever friends happen to be at DT's, and probably make some new friends. Well, I think I've been doing well. Did some couple counciling for one of my longer standing friends at DT's and his new partneer, had a chat with an old friend from Shepparton and his wacky bunch of friends. Mind you, I didn't need to know the different number of drugs he is on and how many he can make himself. But I also got talking with some friends I have talked to a few times. And while I am enjoying forever expanding my gay social circle, it is becoming more and more apparent that having a boyfriend is a good way to get further. I swear almost every one of my friends in the better part of my circle are all in relationships. It makes me feel so left out. Not their intention or fault, and I am overly happy for them to be in a relationship, but I can't help but recall a scene from Bridget Jones's Diary. The scene where she is sitting at the head of a dinner table being the only single person there amoungst otherwise smug married couples. If I ever find myself in that situation, I think I might have a breakdown. The aforementioned dinner I am pretty sure I mentioned in an earlier blog was not the same. While most of them were either in a relationship or otherwise people I didn't know, most of the couples weren't there in full. I jsut fear that one day it might.
In the meantime, I am going to rest my fears and watch some Vicar of Dibley to keep myself amused. Lotsa love,
Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment